If you're getting an error message when trying to share a tournament or connect to a shared tournament when using the Remote Control feature, the following information should help.
We recently updated our sharing feature to use Apple’s iCloud. With Apple's iCloud, there are a few requirements for sharing to work:
- Both devices need to have the latest version of the Poker Timer app installed.
- Both devices need to be connected to the internet.
- Each device needs to be signed in to an Apple ID — open the Settings app, and at the top it will show the account that is currently signed in, if any. If you're not signed in, sign in!
- Once you're signed in, tap your Apple ID, then tap “iCloud”, and make sure “iCloud Drive” is turned on, and then scroll down further in the same screen and make sure iCloud is turned on for the Poker Timer app.
- Also in the Settings app, back at the main menu, scroll down until you see the Poker Timer app, and make sure the “Background App Refresh” setting is turned on.
If all those settings are correct, and sharing in the Poker Timer app still does not work, in the Apple Support website, a person having a similar problem with iCloud sharing in a different app said that this is what Apple Support recommended:
- Sign out of your Apple ID account on the problematic device. (In Settings, tap your Apple ID, scroll to the bottom and tap “Sign Out”.)
- Power down the device.
- Keep it powered down for a few minutes.
- Power the device back on and sign in again to your Apple ID.
If you are still unable to get sharing to work, let us know! (email@example.com)