Is Text-To-Speech Working On Your Device?
On some iPhones and iPads the Text-to-speech subsystem has a problem that causes the Poker Timer app to crash back to the home screen when it tries to play a Text-to-speech alert.
Here are some steps you can take to see if the Text-to-speech subsystem is working on your device. In many cases, going through these steps resets the Text-to-speech subsystem so that it no longer causes the Poker Timer app to crash.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad, then tap General:
2. Tap Accessibility:
3. Tap Speech:
4. Turn on "Speak Selection":
4. When "Speak Selection" is turned on, a Voices option appears. Tap Voices:
5. Tap English:
6. Tap "Samanta (Default)":
7. Close the Settings app and go back to the home screen and open Safari. Go to a web site that allows you to select text (such as www.robinapps.com), then select some text. The menu that pops up over or under the text should have a "Speak" button. Tap the "Speak" button. If it reads the selected text to you, the Text-to-speech subsystem on your device is working!
8. Now, go back to the home screen and open the Poker Timer app. Start the timer so that it plays an alert that uses Text-to-speech. Does Text-to-speech work in the Poker Timer app now? If the app still crashes back to the home screen when it tries to use Text-to-speech, let us know. Email: email@example.com
Back to Help and FAQ